The Wisconsin Society for Ornithology (WSO) is grateful for the outstanding support it receives each year from its members and encourages donations from all individuals and organizations interested in the study, enjoyment and protection of Wisconsin’s birds.
Year after year, WSO members have gone beyond the basics of renewing their annual membership–- which in itself helps support our key operations and programs –- and have contributed to one or more of our special funds. It is because of this support that WSO is able to offer programs that have positive impacts on the birds of Wisconsin, through research, conservation and support for young birders.
Unrestricted donations support the ongoing general operations of WSO, including field trips and publication of The Badger Birder and The Passenger Pigeon as well as some conservation initiatives. Recent updates to the WSO web site also have allowed us to highlight five special funds that enable members and other committed individuals and organizations to target their donations:
- The Honey Creek Fund is used to offset insurance and tax expenses and to provide for control of invasive spscies and the maintenance of the trails and Cox Nature Center on WSO’s 372-acre Sauk County nature preserve.
- The Conservation Fund supports WSO’s leadership role in bird habitat management, conservation, and research initiatives, and allows WSO to take action on conservation issues that threaten bird habitats.
- The Youth Fund provides youth grants (grades K4 through 12) to enrich and stimulate educational and research activities related to the study of birds.
- The Wisconsin Breeding Bird Atlas II Fund supports data collection and other general operations of the second Atlas project updating Wisconsin’s species distribution and abundance.
- The Wisconsin eBird Portal Fund supports the maintenance of the Wisconsin eBird portal, a free online database for recording and exploring bird sightings in the state of Wisconsin.
WSO is a 501(c)3 nonprofit organization, and donations are fully deductible to the extent allowed by law. Our Federal Tax ID number is 39-6040605. Access our online donations page at https://wso.wildapricot.org/Donate to use your credit card or PayPal account. Checks can be mailed to:
Wisconsin Society for Ornithology
c/o Dani Baumann
654 W. Hillcrest Rd. Apt 202
Saukville, WI 53080
If you have any questions or would like to know more about our endowed funds, please contact Dani Baumann at firstname.lastname@example.org
--This is one of several timely articles in this month's Badger Birder newsletter; don't miss out on the latest birding and conservation news. Become a WSO member today! https://wsobirds.org/support/become-a-member--