Gearing Up for the Home Stretch
Save the date to join us April 5-7, 2019, in Stevens Point, for the WBBA II Final Season Kickoff. 2019 is slated to be the final year of field work for the Atlas, and we really need your help to complete this monumental effort by next fall. About 15% of Atlas survey blocks have seen little to no survey effort, while an additional 25% still need some work to be marked COMPLETE. Join us to learn where and how we need you most, and why it matters. Together we can finish strong!
When: April 5-7
Where: Holiday Inn & Convention Center, 1001 Amber Ave., Stevens Point
Registration: Available in January 2019
You Won’t Want to Miss:
• Keynote address by Ian Davies, eBird Project Coordinator at Cornell Lab
• Birds & Beers event at Central Waters Brewing Co. Tap Room
• Morning field trips to find Greater Prairie-Chickens, Snowy Owls, etc.
• Nocturnal field trips to complete some blocks and learn techniques
Who Should Attend?
• Prospective and seasoned atlasers
• Atlas county coordinators
• Bird researchers & academics
• Bird conservationists
• All Wisconsin bird lovers!
Key meeting topics:
• Overview of results to date
• Introduction to atlasing for newcomers
• Strategies for completing field work next year
• Plans for an Atlas II book and other end products
• Recognition for both our donors and top atlasers