The 2018 breeding season will be another pivotal year for Wisconsin Breeding Bird Atlas II, and we’ll need birders from across the region to pitch in to complete this monumental effort by 2019. Help us get 2018 off to a dynamic start by joining us at one of our FREE Atlas Regional Kickoff workshops.
Locations & Dates
Eastern Region - April 21, 12–4:30 p.m.
Sturgeon Bay Library
107 S. 4th Ave., Sturgeon Bay, WI 54235
*optional nocturnal field trip, 6:30–9 p.m.: atlasing at a nearby priority block
Western Region - April 14, 9 a.m.–12:30 p.m.*
RESCHEDULED TO MAY 5 DUE TO SNOWSTORM
New date and times - May 5, 10 a.m. - 2 p.m.
National Eagle Center
50 Pembroke Ave., Wabasha, MN 55981
*optional May 5 morning field trip, 7:30 - 9:30 a.m.: warblers and other May migrants, location tbd
The Atlas Regional Kickoff Events are FREE, but registration is required. Sign up today by filling out our Regional Kickoff Registration Form.
- Atlas results to date
- Focus areas and goals for 2018
- Introduction and basic training for new atlasers
- Advanced training for returning atlasers
- Data-entry instruction
- Tips from your region’s top atlasers
- Chance to meet county coordinators, Atlas planners, and other atlasers from your area
- Field trips
Detailed agendas to come. Check back soon!
What to bring
- Personal laptop/tablet, or smartphone
- A friend! We want to add 300 new atlasers this year and you can help us do it.
- Binoculars/field clothes/boots, plus headlamp if attending a nocturnal field trip