WSO promotes birding conservation by:
- monitoring local, state, and national conservation issues involving birds and keeping the membership informed of significant issues.
- serving as an ornithological resource center in supplying scientific information on bird issues and when appropriate, testify and publicize an official position.
- endorsing the Wisconsin Bird Conservation Initiative.
- strongly supporting the goals of the Teaming with Wildlife program to increase conservation funding programs in Wisconsin and across the United States. To help the Teaming with Wildlife Coalition, click here.
- supporting wetland habitat protection by offering Duck Stamps for sale.
- supporting preservation of critical habitat via Wisconsin’s Costa Rica Connection.
- supporting programs regarding Birds and Cats.
- formally adopting a WSO Birder’s Code of Ethics designed to protect wildlife, the natural environment and the rights of others. Click here.
- maintaining WSO-owned Lands.
Michael John Jeager, WSO Conservation Chair, firstname.lastname@example.org