With over 1,200 members in 32 states, WSO has something for everyone – from backyard birdwatchers to professional ornithologists.
Being a member of the Wisconsin Society for Ornithology has many benefits:
- WSO sponsors field trips throughout the year and across the state. You’ll be joining the top birders in the state at some of Wisconsin’s premier birding locations.
- You will receive The Badger Birder, a monthly of newsletter with updates on birding in Wisconsin. At most membership levels, you will receive The Passenger Pigeon, WSO’s quarterly journal which publishes the latest ornithology research and records of Wisconsin birds.
- WSO sponsors an Annual Convention. This includes Thursday and Friday All-Day field trips (via bus or car), shorter field trips on Saturday and Sunday. There’s also a lunch and banquet on Saturday with a featured speaker.
- Annual two-day Birdathon/Bandathon in May at WSO’s Honey Creek Property in Sauk County. This two-day event gets you up close to the birds of the area through bird banding and a hike up the beautiful Honey Creek valley.
- WSO publishes useful birding resources such as “Wisconsin’s Favorite Bird Haunts” and the “Atlas of the Breeding Birds of Wisconsin,” a culmination of many years of field work. These great resources are available through the WSO Bookstore.
- WSO supports the Wisconsin eBird Portal.
- WSO supports bird related education, research and conservation in Wisconsin.
- And, you will be the first to receive special members-only invitations to special birding events like Birding with WSO in Costa Rica and the Kirtlands Warbler field trip in Wisconsin.
We have many membership categories to suit your needs.
|Patron||(1)||$1,000.00||Birding in Costa Rica with WSO|
|(1) May be paid in equal installments over four years
(2) Age 65 and older. The Passenger Pigeon not included.
(3) Must be a full-time student
|WSO is a nonprofit 501(c)(3) organization and donations are fully tax deductible to the extent allowed by law.|
It’s easy to join WSO
- To join online (using credit card or PayPal), click here
- To join by mail, click here to download and print a WSO membership brochure
For more information, contact
WSO Membership Chair
7680 Payvery Trail
Middleton, WI 53562-4128